Ranked as one of the leading construction law attorneys in the District of Columbia by Chambers USA, Dirk D. Haire has a national construction and government contracts practice focused on bid protests and claims litigation relating to federal construction.
Dirk represents clients in connection with federal bid protests and construction litigation in the Boards of Contract Appeals, the Court of Federal Claims, the Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and various U.S. district courts.
His practice centers on high-stakes litigation over contracts for major construction projects throughout the United States and all over the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Russia and Africa. Dirk served as Office Managing Partner of the Washington, DC, office and is co-chair of the firm’s national Construction Law Group.
Dirk also works to help his clients avoid litigation by assisting with the resolution of issues such as constructive changes, delays, accelerations, defective work, differing site conditions and default terminations.
He also offers guidance and representation in compliance matters, including past performance evaluations, defective specifications, the Buy American Act, the False Claims Act and the Miller Act.
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Dirk was a partner at Holland and Knight and was a senior director at AGC of America. Outside of Fox, Dirk serves as chair of the Maryland Republican Party.
A frequent speaker and author, Dirk co-founded the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Committee and serves on AGC’s National Board of Directors and the National Executive Committee of AGC’s Service & Supply Council.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., 1993)
- Ball State University (B.S., cum laude, 1990)
- Chair, Maryland Republican Party
- AGC of America, Maryland Chapter
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Washington Building Congress (Program Committee)
- Review Committee Member, American Arbitration Association’s Construction Mega Project Panel
- American Road & Transportation Association.
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Rate : $$$$