Domenico Zaino is a partner and co-practice group leader of the firm’s Business and Personal Services Group. He practices primarily in the area of labor and employment law and has extensive experience counseling, representing, and training employers on all aspects of the employment relationship. Nick’s clients range from small to large companies in various industries such as banking, medical, education, manufacturing, engineering, retail, construction, and non-profit.
Working closely with C-level executives, in-house counsel, human resource professionals and business owners, Nick assists in managing risk by counseling on compliance and preventative strategies related to: managing employees with medical issues; leaves of absences; workplace investigations; discrimination and harassment; hiring, disciplining and terminating employees; retaliation/whistleblower issues; employment, retention, separation, non-competition, confidentiality, change in control, and independent contractor agreements; wage and hour; bonus, severance, and commission plans; labor law; reductions-in-force; and employee handbooks.
Nick conducts training on these issues, tailoring the programs to address the employer’s needs. Nick also dedicates a portion of his practice to representing clients in the education sector, including independent schools.
He works closely with heads of schools, deans, and financial officers on student and employee disciplinary matters, investigations of wrongdoing, accommodating students with medical and disability issues, student and faculty employment contracts, enrollment agreements, child abuse and neglect allegations, and a myriad of other day-to-day compliance and risk management issues facing schools.
Nick has successfully represented clients in legal proceedings and before administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, National Labor Relations Board and other divisions of the Connecticut and United States Departments of Labor.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Board of Governors, 2015-2016
- Past Chair, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Ex-Officio Executive Committee Member, Labor & Employment Section
- American Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section
- Health, Disability and Leaves of Absence Subcommittee
- Secretary and Board Member, Naugatuck Valley Community College Foundation
- Associate Member Board of Directors, The Children’s Community School, Waterbury, CT
- Personnel Committee, United Way of Greater Waterbury
- Campaign Leadership Council, United Way’s Leavenworth Society
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Trinity College, B.A., 1993
Rate : $$$