Dominick A. Conde is co-chair of Venable’s Intellectual Property Division. Dom is a noted patent litigator who represents pharmaceutical companies in large-scale patent litigation – often involving high-value ANDA matters. He serves as lead counsel in Hatch-Waxman litigation, and regularly represents clients in contested proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to pharmaceutical clients, Dom represents clients in a variety of other industries, including biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy, industrial equipment and manufacturing, and medical devices. Before joining Venable, Dom was chair at Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto.
- Represented Astellas, Pfizer, and U. of California against Actavis, Zydus, Roxane, and Apotex on patents covering Xtandi®, used for the treatment of prostate cancer
- Represented Aralez Pharmaceuticals against Actavis on patents covering Yosprala®, used for the prevention of cardiovascular events for patients that are at risk of developing gastric ulcers
- Represented Pernix Therapeutics against Alvogen and Actavis on patents covering Zohydro®, used to relief severe pain
- Represented Warner Chilcott against Watson Laboratories on a patent covering Loestrin 24®, an oral contraceptive
- Represented Reliable Sprinkler Co. against a complaint filed by Tyco Fire Products on multiple patents related to fire protection sprinklers
- Represented Warner Chilcott against multiple defendants on a patent related to Doryx®, a broad-spectrum tetracycline antibiotic
- Represented Sepracor Pharmaceuticals against Sandoz Inc., et al. on patents related to Clarinex®, an allergy medication
- Represented Bristol-Myers against Rhône-Poulenc Rorer on patents related to a semi-synthetic process technology for making Taxol
- Represented Bausch & Lomb against Alcon Laboratories regarding technology for contact lens disinfectants.
- J.D. Franklin Pierce Law Center 1990
- B.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1982
Bar Admissions : New York 1991
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$