Don M. Glendenning has extensive experience in a broad range of corporate and securities matters, representing numerous public and private companies, as well as many of the state’s leading family offices.
- Significant recent transactions have included representation of Southern Union Company in its $10 billion acquisition by Energy Transfer, representation of the Linn Energy special committee in the $4 billion acquisition of Berry Petroleum, and representation of Tenet Healthcare and Conifer Health Solutions in partnering with Catholic Health Initiatives for Conifer’s revenue cycle management services, impacting scores of hospitals throughout the United States.
- Don also represents the family offices of many of the most prominent families in Texas in their investments, financings, operations and multi-generational planning.
- In addition to being a former Co-Chair of the Corporate and Transactional Department, he is the Firm’s Partner in Charge of Corporate Responsibility and Charitable Giving, Co-Chair of the Firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the former Manager Partner of the Dallas office, a role he filled for two decades.
- Active in numerous civic and charitable organizations, he is a recipient of the Justinian Award from the Dallas Bar Association, which recognizes an attorney who has “actively demonstrated a long-standing dedication to volunteer service in the Dallas community,” as well as of a number of honors for his service in his five core areas of civic focus: Human Rights, Social Justice and Community Enhancement; Public Health; Education; the Environment; and the Arts.
Representative Experience :
- Represent public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions, including asset sales, stock sales, spin-offs and mergers
- Represent investors and issuers in private equity, venture-stage and growth companies
- Advise issuers and investors concerning corporate governance and securities law disclosure and filing requirements
- Represent special committees and acquirers in going-private transactions
- Represent issuers in domestic and European bond offerings and technology and manufacturing clients in international joint ventures in Asia and Latin America
- Associate (1979 – 1986) and Partner (1986 to present), Locke Lord LLP (and predecessor firms)
- Firm’s Partner in Charge of Corporate Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Former Managing Partner, Dallas
- Former Co-Chair, Corporate and Transactional Department
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas, Texas and American Bar Associations and Dallas and Texas Bar Foundations
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1979
- B.A., magna cum laude, Rice University, 1976
Admissions : Texas, 1979
Rate : $$$