Donald K. Duffy is engaged in a broad domestic and international tax practice. He represents U.S. and foreign clients with respect to transactions, investments, and business activities in the U.S. and abroad, including with respect to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public offerings of equity and debt securities, private equity and debt financings, and restructurings and international transfer pricing.
Don also devotes a significant amount of his time in representing clients in controversies with the IRS in examinations, appeals, and cases before the U.S. Tax Court.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, Taxation, 1979
- J.D., Western New England College School of Law, 1976, cum laude
- B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1973
Bar Admissions : Florida
Professional Experience :
- Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel, 1977-1984; Chief Counsel and Commissioner Regulatory Review Staff, 1983-1984
- Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel (1977-1984): Legislation and Regulations Division (1977-1983)
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Past Executive Council Member, 1985-1999; Corporations and Exempt Organizations Committee, Past Co-Chairman, 1993-1998; Committee on Corporate Taxation, Past Chairman, 1989-1992; Committee on Corporate Taxation, Past Vice Chairman, 1986-1988
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Member
Rate : $$$