Donald Hemke’s practice focuses on general commercial litigation. He also has extensive experience in obtaining government permits and licenses. Don has tried approximately 25 cases to jury verdict, including approximately six Section 1983 cases.
He has also argued approximately 50 appeals, including approximately 10 involving constitutional claims. Don has served as an arbitrator for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and for the American Arbitration Association.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- First in Class
- Virginia Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., cum laude, 1971)
- Law Clerk to The Honorable John W. Peck, U.S. Court of Appeals to the Sixth Circuit (1974-1976)
- Assistant to the General Counsel for the Secretary of the Army
- Advised on many issues, including environmental matters and the Corps of Engineers’ civil works and regulatory permit programs, and testified before legislative committees (1976-1980)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$