Donald A. Ensing is a member of the firm’s Board of Partners and Chicago office Recruiting Committee, and focuses his practice on debt finance transactions, energy sector transactions and general corporate law.
Within his debt finance practice, Don’s experience includes syndicated, secured and unsecured senior debt, acquisition financing, real estate financing, mezzanine debt and complex intercreditor issues.
Don regularly advises agents, lenders and borrowers with senior financing in the health care, energy and early stage technology sectors, and the structuring and collateral challenges specific to those fields.
Don also represents refining and midstream companies in the energy sector in a variety of different financing, operational and strategic matters. In addition, he represents companies in corporate transactions ranging from mergers and acquisitions to strategic business alliances and general corporate governance issues.
Don served as law clerk to District Court Judge F.A. Little of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana from 1998 to 1999.
- Represented Agent in multiple financings for private equity sponsor acquisitions of practice management companies in the dental, physical therapy and pain management spaces, along with other MSO/PC structure models.
- Represented Agent in multiple financings for private equity sponsor acquisitions of medical device, pharma, healthcare lite and other healthcare sector companies.
- Represented Agent in ABL financings for numerous large nursing home and SNF chains, including facilities with HUD Section 232 financing.
- Represented publicly traded petroleum and refined product logistics company in widely syndicated acquisition and working capital facility.
- Represented petroleum marketing and logistics company in long-term strategic arrangements and joint ventures.
- Represented Agent in $185 million secured acquisition financing for industrial container manufacturing company.
- Represent Agent in numerous middle market senior secured acquisition financing for private equity sponsored acquisitions, including mezzanine financing.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD, Order of the Coif, Executive Articles Editor, Chicago-Kent Law Review, 1998
- University of Michigan, BA, English Literature, 1994
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- MDA Chicago Muscle Team Steering Committee
Rate : $$$$