Donald L. Howell is a nationally recognized energy, water and public finance lawyer. He has worked on electric energy issues for over 40 years and represents electric cooperatives across the nation.
Donald works on wholesale power contracts and power generation projects, handling the full range of financing and construction documentation.
Donald has also extensively advised on water issues for over 40 years, and at a prior firm, he headed the firm’s national water practice. As part of Donald’s practice, he routinely advises on all aspects of water supply, waste water and drainage issues.
Donald’s practice also covers the regulatory framework that encompasses the industry, including rate setting and rate recovery issues.
In addition, Donald has deep experience in all types of financing transactions, including project financings relating to power projects and water resources.
- JD, The University of Texas School of Law, with honors, Editor-in-Chief, Texas Law Review, Chancellors, Order of the Coif, Phi Delta Phi, 1963
- BA, Baylor University, cum laude, 1956
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Law Institute, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Former Director and President
- Attorney’s Liability Assurance Society, Former Director and Chairman
Rate : $$$