Donald T. Hueske focuses his practice in the area of mineral title law and has extensive experience in title examination and due diligence for acquisitions and financing issues, as well as the management and oversight of those providing similar services.
He routinely prepares original, supplemental and division order title opinions, and has assisted in the negotiation and drafting of leasehold assignments, farmout and joint operating agreements and various curative instruments, as well as master service agreements.
A survivor of over thirty years in the energy industry (and the son and grandson of geophysicists), Don has built a solid reputation for practical, reliable and results-oriented advice, allowing his clients to identify, mitigate and resolve risks encountered in their upstream operations.
He has been responsible for the building, training, mentoring and reviewing of a team of attorneys responsible for title examination and due diligence/acquisition projects serving clients in the States of Texas and Kansas.
Prior to licensure as an attorney, Don served in a variety of land and land administration departments as a division order, lease and title analyst and landman for a number of independent exploration and production companies. Don takes pride in his accessibility and responsiveness to clients, and his ability to maintain good humor and a relaxed demeanor at the most critical of times.
- Has conducted receivership proceedings allowing for the leasing, drilling and production of land, title to which was in unknown heirs or successors of undiscoverable person(s)
- Conducted original and supplemental title examinations to thousands of tracts of land, allowing clients to identify in advance issues affecting the ability to drill and produce from certain tracts, and provided assistance in the curing of those defects, allowing drilling to take place
- Managed and coordinated efforts of a team of attorneys conducting due diligence in conjunction with a number of acquisitions, including one involving over 100,000 gross acres and 200 producing units, delivering completion ahead of deadline and under budget; maintain regular and informative communication with client to ensure against misunderstanding and last-minute surprise
- J.D. University of Houston Law Center
- B.B.A. University of Texas at Austin
- Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Ten-time Campaigner and Team Leader, South Montgomery County, Texas YMCA Partners for Youth/Annual Campaign
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- North Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- West Houston Association of Petroleum Landmen
Rate : $$$