Donald Hughes practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate finance and corporate governance. He has extensive experience representing both publicly traded and privately held entities in a number of matters including going private transactions, corporate reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures and stock purchases, licensing and private equity transactions.
Additionally, Don has consulted and spoken on issues such as mergers and acquisitions, international licensing, corporate governance and executive compensation.
Don, a partner in our Global Corporate Practice based in Columbus, has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2013. Don has also been named a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers in 2005, 2006 and 2007, a distinction that recognizes the top 2.5 percent of Ohio lawyers under the age of 40 or those in practice for 10 years or less.
- Ohio Northern University, J.D., editor in chief, Ohio Northern University Law Review, 1997
- Morehead State University, M.B.A., 1983
- Bowling Green State University, B.S., 1982
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Representing the world’s largest manufacturer of gas compressors in a joint venture acquisition of a fracking pump system manufacturer.
- Representation of an NYSE-listed mining company in general corporate, refinancing and mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Representing a publicly traded home developer in debt restructuring matters and eventual sale in a going-private transaction.
- Representing a Europe-based international automotive manufacturer in a series of joint development and joint manufacturing ventures in the US.
- Representing a Florida-based technology company in a US$30 million equity financing involving venture capital firms in the US, Asia and Middle East.
- Representing an NYSE-listed national banking client in a complex multistate reorganization of its corporate structure following several large mergers.
- Representing a multistate vending machine distributor in the acquisition of a competitor with multiple locations and real property throughout the Midwest.
Rate : $$$$