Mr. Donald K. Sheppard has been certified as a legal specialist in immigration and nationality law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
His typical clients are companies in the high tech and start-up industries seeking to hire the brightest and best talent which includes foreign nationals that need employment sponsorship.
He is committed to creating an atmosphere of trust where his client is comfortable letting him handle their case and confident he is making or recommending the right decisions on their behalf.
He also prides himself on communication and feels that quick and sound communication is essential to every relationship. His specific expertise includes:
- EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRATION:
- As an experienced immigration attorney, Mr. Sheppard represents corporate clients in nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions filed on behalf of foreign national employees and advises corporate clients in matters of I-9 compliance and audits.
- FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRATION:
- Representing individual clients filing petitions for alien relatives with adjustment of status and consular processing, and assisting with waiver applications when applicable as well as fiancé visa petitions are just some of the examples of Mr. Sheppard’s work.
- Within his practice, Mr. Sheppard also has significant experience representing individuals filing for naturalization or certificates of citizenship based on derivate citizenship claims.
In addition to his robust law practice, Mr. Sheppard is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and a frequent speaker at conferences.
He often participates in immigration advocacy issues, and previously served as the Chair of the San Diego Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Associations.
He is on several liaison committees that include building relationships with USCIS, a Board Member of the Professional Alliance for Children, and Chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law Advisory Commission for the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Rate : $$$$