Donald J. Moon is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Technology Transactions practice. Donald advises on all types of complex commercial transactions, including those involving IT outsourcing, business process outsourcing, facilities management outsourcing, data center leasing, technology licensing, cloud computing, hosted service agreements, and privacy and security issues.
He has represented companies in many different industries, including financial services, pharmaceuticals, health care, life sciences, consumer products, food and beverage, publishing and information technology.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2010, Donald worked for more than 10 years in the information technology industry, helping clients implement and maintain a variety of web and legacy systems.
He has worked with insurance companies as a consultant focused on claims-related systems and in the financial services and banking industries as a programmer and business analyst. Donald has extensive experience in all stages of the systems development life cycle process.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, cum laude
- DePaul University, MS, in Information Systems
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS, in Business Administration
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the nation concerning a multimillion-dollar ($50 million-plus) physician billing outsourcing agreement that leveraged cloud-based resources and platforms and provided a framework for the parties to provide co-branded services.
- Represented global and regional clients in a variety of technology transactions, including cloud software licenses, software development agreements and hosted services agreements.
- Represented a global media and information company in its multimillion-dollar ($275 million-plus) information technology outsourcing transaction involving more than 90 countries.
- Represented one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the nation concerning a multimillion-dollar ($60 million-plus) outsourcing agreement for managed print services, impacting multiple sites across the United States.
- Represented a leading property and casualty insurance company in its multimillion-dollar ($130 million-plus) IT infrastructure outsourcing transaction.
- Represented a multinational information provider in its outsourcing of integrated facility management services in North America and Latin America.
- Represented a large commercial property and casualty insurer concerning a data center lease spanning a 10-year period that was part of a larger multimillion-dollar ($30 million-plus) sale/leaseback transaction.
Rate : $$$