Donald L. Mrozek served as chairman of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP from 1989–2015. Today, as chair of the firm’s Consultants & Coaches for the ProfessionSM Practice, he helps law firm leaders address complex business- and management-related challenges and opportunities involved in effectively managing their firms.
Mr. Mrozek and the team — which includes members of Hinshaw’s leading Lawyers for the Profession® Practice — advise law firms and their leaders on a wide variety of subjects including succession planning; partner compensation; mergers and lateral partner hiring and retention; firm leadership; consensus building; firm governance and practice group structure; responding to client expectations; maintaining and growing profitability; and personnel issues.
He also mediates and arbitrates disputes between partners or between partners and their current or former firms. Mr. Mrozek represents clients in the areas of governance; business litigation; fidelity bond claims and litigation; and internal investigations involving allegations of fraud and related misconduct and related areas.
Under Mr. Mrozek’s leadership, the firm grew from a small Chicago-area law firm to a national firm with 25 offices, approximately 500 attorneys and more than $225 million in revenues. His accomplishments as Chairman of Hinshaw are Chronicled in the July 9, 2015 issue of American Lawyer Daily and on Bloomberg Law’s Big Law Business.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, Past Vice-Chairman of the Fidelity and Surety Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Past Vice-Chairman of the Fidelity and Surety Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Past Chairman of the Business Litigation Committee
- Chicago Inn of Court
- J.D., with honors, DePaul University College of Law, 1973
- B.S.E., Northwestern University, 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$