Donald J. Murray chairs the firm’s Securities and Capital Markets Practice Group. Resident in the firm’s New York office, Mr. Murray represents clients in public and private capital markets transactions principally in the life sciences industry. He also advises clients on general corporate matters ranging from disclosure and securities laws compliance to corporate governance to crisis management.
His clients include global investment banks acting as underwriters, placement agents and initial purchasers. He also represents private and public companies, as well as their boards and management teams, concerning a wide range of corporate issues.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., 1980
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented the underwriters in the IPO and three subsequent follow-on equity offerings, totaling approximately $1 billion, by an immuno-oncology company developing therapeutics based on chimeric antigen receptors (CAR-T) and T-cell receptors (TCR).
- Represented the underwriters in seven public offerings, with a public offering price of over $1 billion, by a commercial innovator of an advanced DNA and blood-based oncology diagnostic.
- Represented the placement agent in a $250 million Reg. D private placement by a company in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Represented the underwriters in the IPO of a China-based blood-products biotechnology company and in the Nasdaq-IPO of a Chinese-based med-tech company addressing the oncology market.
- Represented a venture capital investor in connection with a $65 million Reg. D private placement of convertible notes by a distressed life sciences company.
- Represented the underwriters in the IPO of an Irish-based developer of novel surgical instruments and implants used to treat presbyopia.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in public offerings by companies domiciled in England, Ireland, Australia, China, Canada, and Bermuda.
- Represented a financially distressed client in multiple dispositions and subsequent repositioning acquisitions.
- Represented a European biopharmaceutical company in restructuring its collaboration with a global pharmaceutical company covering its lead, “blockbuster” product.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Literacy Assistance Center, a not-for-profit organization that provides literacy education support to adults, out-of-school youths and families, brightening their employment and social prospects. Mr. Murray provided pro bono services to this organization for six years prior to joining the board.
Rate : $$$$