Donald Fritz Zimmer is a partner in our Mass Tort and Toxic Tort and Environmental practices, and is the managing partner of our San Francisco office. Fritz’s practice is primarily focused on the defense of companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device and toxic substances sectors , and he also counsels clients on issues related to commercial, environmental and employment litigation.
Fritz has served as national, regional and trial counsel for a variety of pharmaceutical, environmental and other products-based companies in mass tort litigation, and his current role is as national counsel in the Onglyza Type 2 diabetes drug litigation. He also represents companies in chemical spill and other toxic substance exposure matters.
He has been a member of national trial and science teams dating back to the silicone breast implant and fen-phen litigation and, more recently, in connection with various diabetes, gastrointestinal and antipsychotic medications.
Prior to joining the firm in 2008, he was a partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath and was previously a founding partner in Preuss Shanagher Zvoleff & Zimmer LLP.
Fritz is a past member of the Board of Directors of the International Association of Defense Counsel, served as Director of the 2016 IADC Trial Academy at Stanford University Law School and is an active member of the Defense Research Institute.
He is a member of the Buck Advisory Council for The Buck Institute for Research on Aging and is a former Chairman of the Board of the American Diabetes Association’s Golden Gate Chapter. He is a frequent speaker and writer on topics related to product liability and litigation strategy.
- J.D., Georgetown University
- A.B., University of California-Riverside
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Defense Research Institute
- Director, 2016 IADC Trial Academy and Faculty Member, 2002 IADC Trial Academy
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Buck Advisory Council; The Buck Institute for Research on Aging
- Member, DRI Drug & Medical Device Steering Committee
- Member, IADC Board of Directors (2007-2010) and former Vice President of IADC Foundation
- Past Chairman, Golden Gate Chapter, American Diabetes Association
Rate : $$$$