Donna Senft is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Ms. Senft focuses on health care transactions, Medicare enrollment and regulatory matters. She represents various providers, including hospitals, nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, portable x-ray supplies, clinical laboratories, home health agencies, hospices, adult day care centers, rehabilitation agencies, physician groups, pharmacies and DMEPOS suppliers in Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and compliance issues, billing matters and claims proposals, and state licensure matters.
Ms. Senft’s practice includes advising health care providers and practitioners regarding acquisitions, mergers and internal reorganizations, focusing on obtaining licenses, Medicare and Medicaid certifications, and billing privileges.
In that regard, Ms. Senft has experience in Medicare and Medicaid enrollment matters including completion of NPI applications and CMS 855 forms. Ms. Senft assists Medicare-enrolled providers to maintain complete PECOS data to avoid deactivation or revocation of billing privileges, and to file CAPs and appeals when billing privileges are lost.
For providers facing survey sanctions, Ms. Senft assists in the preparation of plans of correction, informal dispute resolution requests and appeals. Ms. Senft’s practice also includes providing advice regarding payment issues, such as responding to denied claims and overpayment demands, credentialing and peer review, and professional disciplinary matters.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Senft used her physical therapy degree to provide more than 20 years of clinical and administrative services to rehabilitation departments in various health care settings, including five years of consultative services to nursing facilities and other long-term care settings throughout the United States.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S., 1978, summa cum laude
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – American Physical Therapy Association
- APTA Representative – HCFA Volunteer Work Group (1994 – 1995)
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
- WOM Fundraising Committee Chair – National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater DC – Maryland Chapter (2016 – Present)
- Board of Directors – National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater DC – Maryland Chapter (2012 – 2016)
- Board of Directors – That All May Freely Serve (1998 – 2011)
Rate : $$$$