Donna Bergeson is a health care lawyer and former leader of Alston & Bird’s Health Care Group. She is a past leader of Alston & Bird’s governing body, known as its Partners’ Committee and also leads Alston & Bird’s Investment Committee.
Donna focuses her practice on regulatory compliance for academic medical facilities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers. Donna made partner as a litigator at Alston & Bird and thereafter transitioned to a practice in health care to follow client demand.
She became certified as a procedural coder in 2001 by the American Academy of Professional Coders to facilitate communication with coding and billing staff on compliance engagements and representations of health care providers defending government investigations.
Donna teaches health law as an adjunct faculty member of Emory University School of Law and is a past faculty member of the Atlanta College of Trial Advocacy. She frequently writes and speaks on compliance- and life sciences-related issues to legal and professional organizations across the country.
- University of South Carolina (J.D., 1984)
- University of South Carolina (B.A., 1981)
- District of Columbia (Pending)
- Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, board of directors, 2013-present
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2013
- Medical University of South Carolina, board of visitors, 2011-2013
- Student Aid Foundation Inc., board of directors, 2009-present
- Emory Healthcare, advisory board, 2005-2011, chair 2009-2011
Rate : $$$