Donnie Mike Apodaca focuses his practice on insurance coverage and complex litigation. He has substantial experience in multi-party litigation in state and federal courts. He has handled actions involving claims for breach of contract and warranty, indemnity, violations of consumer protection statutes, fraud, bad faith, and business torts.
Donnie regularly defends insurance carriers and adjusters in first-party insurance disputes and bad faith litigation. He also advises clients on insurance policy interpretation and appraisal process.
Additionally, Donnie has represented individuals and clients in business litigation, catastrophic injury cases, and products liability actions. He has experience in discovery-heavy litigation, including class action and multi-district litigation.
He has managed e-discovery projects, implemented procedures for collecting and producing electronically stored information, and drafted e-discovery protocols. Donnie earned his law degree cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law.
During law school, he was a legal intern at the Innocence Project of Texas and a member of the Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity. He received his bachelor’s degree in finance with honors from New Mexico State University. At New Mexico University, Donnie served as a member of the student Senate.
- Represented medical professional in administrative actions.
- Obtained dismissal of appeal for lack of jurisdiction because all claims for affirmative relief were not resolved by the plaintiff’s non-suit.
- Obtained dismissal of interlocutory appeal regarding anti-suit injunction since a live controversy no longer existed due to expiration of injunction and completion of appraisal.
- Successfully defended against motion to dismiss declaratory judgement for lack of jurisdiction and on federal abstention principles.
- Secured favorable rulings on Rule 12(b)(6) motions to dismiss extra-contractual causes of action in multiple insurance disputes in federal district courts.
- SMU Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- New Mexico State University, B.B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$