Businesses of all sizes throughout the Mountain West count on Dora Lane to guide them through the myriad of labor and employment issues to keep their operations running smoothly.
Dora works closely with her clients, talking through day-to-day employment issues, to ensure that best practices are in place and legitimate business reasons motivate employment decisions. She counsels and trains employers to hire, manage, and, when necessary, fire employees in compliance with federal and state employment laws.
When, despite best efforts, issues evolve into disputes, clients benefit from Dora’s sophisticated experience litigating employment disputes and her track record resolving cases through aggressive discovery and pretrial motions.
With the exposure and liability that can result from non-compliant or simply ineffective processes, Dora works with her clients to audit employment record keeping processes to identify and fix problems before an outside agency or lawsuit intervenes. Dora also helps clients handle difficult employment situations in a manner intended to maximize the likelihood of success in litigation, if one ensues.
- Accommodations, Disabilities, Leaves
- Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, and Litigation
- Employment Litigation and Class Actions
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., 2003
- California State University, Fresno, B.S., 1999
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Nevada Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- Washoe County Bar Association, Member
- Clerked for Justice Mark Gibbons of the Nevada Supreme Court
Rate : $$$