Dorothy F. Kaslow’s practice focuses on labor and employment matters, including class, collective and representative actions, and other complex employment disputes.Ms. Kaslow’s practices covers a wide range of labor and employment matters in state and federal court, with a significant focus on class and collective actions involving wage and hour issues. She regularly advises clients on claims regarding joint employment, overtime compensation, off-the-clock work, exemption misclassification, and missed meal and rest breaks.
Ms. Kaslow also represents clients in connection with discrimination, harassment, accommodation, and wrongful termination disputes. Ms. Kaslow provides advice and counseling to employers in all areas of labor and employment law, including disability accommodation, terminations, family and medical leave issues, reductions-in-force, joint employment, and general wage and hour compliance. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies and employers in a number of industries, including the retail, technology, telecommunications, and entertainment industries.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Kaslow was a judicial intern in the office of the Honorable Richard A. Paez of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Ms. Kaslow received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, cum laude, where she was an editor of The Michigan Journal of Gender and Law and a student attorney with the Michigan Innocence Clinic. She received a B.S. with honors from the University of California, Berkeley, in Conservation and Resource Studies.
- Ms. Kaslow’s recent engagements include:
- obtaining summary judgment and an award of litigation costs for a well-known retailer in a statewide class action alleging wage and hour violations for a potential class of tens of thousands of current and former employees
- defending insurance and technology companies against breach of contract and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing claims
- representing a well-known retailer in a multi-plaintiff lawsuit alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination
- obtaining summary judgment and an award of litigation costs for a well-known retailer in a statewide class action alleging joint employer liability for numerous wage and hour violations, PAGA penalties, unfair competition, and fraud
- obtaining summary judgment on off-the-clock claims in a statewide class action brought against a major retailer
- defeating class certification for a well-known retailer in a statewide class action alleging wage and hour violations
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School,cum laude, 2012
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, with honors, 2007
Rate : $$$$