Doug Anderson provides legal counsel to global, national and regional insurance companies, trade associations, healthcare systems and businesses in matters involving insurance law and regulatory compliance. His legal practice involves helping insurance companies, businesses and health plans with:
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Insurance regulatory filings and approvals
- State and federal health insurance reform and related product and operational compliance
- Development of compliance programs, risk mitigation strategies, policies and procedures, and internal controls
- Preparation of policy forms, marketing materials, provider and vendor contracts, and related regulatory filings
- Strategic planning and market analysis
- Formation and licensure of insurance companies
- Mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings
- Defense of market conduct exams, financial exams and administrative proceedings
Doug has experience with all lines of insurance and is a frequent writer and speaker on insurance and healthcare issues. He previously served as the Chief Policy Officer, Assistant Director and Attorney for the Ohio Department of Insurance, where he worked to enforce and apply state and federal insurance law.
In that role, he served as Co-Chair of Ohio’s Health Insurance Exchange Planning Task Force, Team Leader for Ohio State Coverage Initiative and Project Leader to implement a high-risk pool in Ohio.
Doug advises health insurance companies on state and federal health insurance reform and assists with strategic planning and product development. He counsels health insurers participating in government programs such as Medicaid managed care, Medicare Advantage, and state and federal employee benefit programs.
He also provides counsel to multiple employer welfare arrangements, alliances and consortiums. In addition, Doug serves as an expert witness on insurance-related issues.
Doug is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Capital University Law School, where he teaches an upper level course on insurance law. Doug’s community involvement includes serving as a member of the Perry Township Zoning Commission and a volunteer for the Columbus Legal Aid Society, Meals on Wheels and Habitat for Humanity.
Rate : $$$$