Doug Janicik focuses on appellate advocacy and commercial litigation matters, including employee non-competition agreements, insurance coverage and bad faith defense, LLC-member and shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, arbitration enforcement actions, employment discrimination, and class action litigation in federal and state courts.
In addition, he counsels clients on a number of business-related issues, especially disputes between employers over the enforceability of restrictions on employees’ post-employment activities, which draws on his extensive experience in drafting non-competition agreements tailored to the specific state laws across the country.
A former civil engineer officer in the US Air Force, Doug twice served as law clerk to judges on the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and also has extensive pro bono experience.
- Board Member, Arizona Justice Educators Association
- Appellate Practice Section, Arizona State Bar
Bar & Court Admissions:
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- J.D., Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2000, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Phi Sigma Phi; Associate Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- B.S., University of Notre Dame, 1993, cum laude, B.S. in Civil Engineering
Rate : $$$