Doug Stevens is an attorney with Caplan & Earnest’s litigation practice. His practice focuses on civil litigation matters, including construction, outdoor recreation, personal injury, commercial and contract disputes, chiropractic and medical malpractice, and insurance bad faith and coverage.
During his legal career, Doug has tried numerous civil jury cases as first chair. Additionally, he has deposed hundreds of lay and expert witnesses. Doug has also successfully handled motions hearings in both state and federal courts, and represented clients in both mediations and arbitrations.
Doug has also developed a significant practice advising outdoor recreation providers on various aspects of their legal and risk management needs. He frequently prepares documents for his clients including acknowledgment of risks and liability releases, vendor and service agreements, staff manuals, and customer registration materials.
He also handles various types of litigation for recreation providers, including personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits and contract disputes, and assists his clients with accident response, insurance claims, and appropriate written and verbal communications.
Doug has been licensed to practice law in all Colorado courts since 2000 and all Wyoming courts since 2013 and was recently admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States. In addition to his involvement with several professional associations, he has made mentorship a central part of his legal career, serving with the Colorado Bar Association’s Mentorship Program since 2010.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Political Science
Admittances and Licenses:
- Colorado Court
- Wyoming Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
Associations & Memberships:
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors (2007-09)
- Denver Bar Association, Bench Bar Committee, Co-Chair (2007- present)
- Boulder County Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association, Business Associate Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
- Colorado Outfitters Association, Associate Member
Rate : $$$$