Douglas Bagwell is a shareholder in the firm’s Gulfport, MS office where his practice is focused primarily at the trial level in the defense of civil litigation for insurers, insureds and self-insured corporations in a variety of litigation including but not limited to issues involving bad faith, construction, fraud/misrepresentation, coverage, premises liability, products liability, professional liability, automobile and trucking litigation accidents.
Currently, he is panel counsel in Mississippi for a number of major insurance companies. Mr. Bagwell also does statewide defense work for a major trucking company in Mississippi.
Mr. Bagwell is heavily involved in the defense of public entity liability litigation via a major insurance carrier providing coverage to county and local governmental entities including sheriff’s departments, school districts, city and county governments.
He also does state workers’ compensation and longshore litigation for a number of self-insured companies and insurance carriers.
Mr. Bagwell is licensed to practice in the state of Mississippi, before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- BA, Millsaps College, University of Southern Mississippi
- JD, University of Mississippi School of Law
Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Mississippi State Bar; Dispute Resolution Committee
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court
Rate : $$$$