Douglas C. Ballantine is the 2018-2019 President of the Kentucky Bar Association and has been with the firm since 1990. He is a member of the Business Litigation practice and serves as chair of the Business Torts practice. Doug also is a member of the Class Action, Intellectual Property, Securities Litigation, Tort, Trial & Insurance Services, Business Services and Construction Law practices.
He represents clients in commercial and intellectual property litigation and defends product liability and personal injury cases. Doug is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. He also is a member of the Louisville Bar Association and American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, Kentucky Defense Counsel and American Intellectual Property Law Association.
He is a member of the 6th Circuit Judicial Conference Planning Committee and a past member of the 6th Circuit Advisory Committee on Rules. Doug currently serves on the Speed Art Museum Board of Trustees, and previously served on the boards of directors for Blackacre Conservancy, Legal Aid Society and Focus Louisville Alumni Group.
- Indiana University 1988, J.D.
- American University 1984, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, U.S. Virgin Islands
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association: President, 2018-2019; President-Elect, 2017-2018; Board of Governors, 2008-present; Ethics Committee member, 1996-2008; Continuing Education Commission chair, 2002-2007; Finance Committee member, 2003-2007; Professionalism Committee member, 1993-1995
- Louisville Bar Association: member, 1990-present; Litigation Section chair, 1999; Intellectual Property Section member, 2000-present
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, chair, 2017-2018
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Blackacre Conservancy, former board member
- Kentucky Supreme Court Civil Rules Committee, former member
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, Advisory Committee on Local Rules, former member
Rate : $$$$