Douglas I. Brandon concentrates on domestic communications matters related to wireless, broadcast, satellite, telecommunications and advanced technology companies, including issues related to transactions, licensing and regulatory compliance. He also counsels clients on premerger integration planning and antitrust compliance.Before entering private practice, Doug held senior in-house legal positions for telecommunications companies.
He was the general counsel of TerreStar Networks Inc., a publicly traded mobile communications company, where he directed all aspects of the company’s legal and compliance functions. Prior to that, he was the vice president of external affairs and law at AT&T Wireless, where he was in charge of all federal policy development, implementation and advocacy.
Doug has represented technology companies before the FCC, the Department of Justice, the administration and Congress. He handles communications matters including:
- FCC spectrum actions and pleadings
- Tower matters
- Radio license renewals
- Enforcement actions
- Government investigations.
Doug has also structured, negotiated, and managed various strategic and financial transactions for companies in the communications industry.
- Held senior in-house legal positions for large telecommunications companies.
- Has significant experience in Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulatory issues.
- Counseled SpaceX in certain matters before the FCC.
- Assisted AT&T in pre-merger integration planning and antitrust compliance.
- Represented FiberTower in its sale to AT&T.
- Advised Purple Communications in its sale to ZVRS.
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association.
- Volunteer, The Children’s Law Center, 2004 to present.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law,summa cum laude, 1985
- B.A., University of Virginia, with distinction, 1981
- U.S.C.A., 2nd Circuit
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$