Douglas C. Ross is a partner in the Seattle office of Davis Wright Tremaine, where he concentrates his practice in antitrust and litigation, and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Washington Law School, where he teaches the antitrust course and a seminar on competition in health care.
Mr. Ross serves as Finance Officer for the ABA’s Antitrust Section and in the recent past was a Section delegate to the ABA’s House of Delegates. He is a past chair of the Section’s Health Care Industry Committee, past chair of the Antitrust Practice Group of the American Health Lawyers Association, and past chair of WSBA’s Antitrust and Consumer Protection Committee.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Ross spent three years at the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. He received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.A. from Tufts University, where he graduated summa cum laude in economics.
Mr. Ross has represented clients in antitrust litigation, frequently gaining early dismissal of an action or summary judgment on their behalf. Mr. Ross has represented clients under investigation by the antitrust authorities in conduct (non-merger) matters. Mr. Ross represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations in investigations by federal and state antitrust enforcement authorities.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Washington Law School, teaching competition in health law, 2010-present; antitrust law, 2013-present
- Member, ABA Section of Antitrust Law Council, 2009-present
- Chair, Antitrust Practice Group, American Health Lawyers Association, 2010-2013; Vice Chair, 2004-2010
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law: Antitrust Section Long Range Planning Committee, 2007-2009; Co-chair, Committee Operations, 2005-2007; Chair, Health Care Industry Committee, 2003-2005; Task Force on Antitrust Section Reserves
- Chair, Consumer Protection and Antitrust Section, Washington Bar Association, 1995-1996
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1978
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.A., Economics, Tufts University, 1975, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$$