Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law, Douglas A. Cherry is known for taking complex principles and making them understandable for his clients. His areas of concentration include intellectual property (patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, publicity rights and unfair competition) consulting, acquisition, licensing and litigation, as well as technology, cybersecurity and data breach law.
Doug represents corporations, municipalities, non-profits, start-ups and entrepreneurs in a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, law enforcement, and manufacturing. Doug has extensive litigation and mediation experience involving high profile, corporate technology cases, patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation.
He is a founding member of Shumaker’s Data Breach Team. His background in computer consulting, fluency in many programming languages and his computer skills, including database and network management, expert systems, simulation design, and various software packages, enable him to effectively and efficiently assist his clients.
Always looking for practical business solutions for his clients in order to avoid high cost disputes, Doug routinely counsels clients on preventative measures. His intellectual property expertise allows him to assist clients in certain areas of general business law and entertainment law.
In his work, Doug also focuses on technology law, including consulting clients and attorneys in data breach and cybersecurity issues, electronic discovery issues, domain name disputes, E-commerce agreements, technology implementation transactions, software performance disputes, employment/consultant agreements, and technology licensing.
Doug is certified as an Intellectual Property Law Specialist by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. Certification is the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the area of Intellectual Property Law.
Doug has authored many articles on intellectual property, cybersecurity/data breach, and legal technology for various publications and has been interviewed on similar topics for several publications.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2000
- B.S., University of Florida, 1997
Bar and Court Admissions :
- Florida, 2000
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2000
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- Represents a nationwide and international producer of dairy products regarding intellectual property protection and enforcement, as well as its technology and marketing-related transactional matters.
- Represents numerous software developers with regarding to technology licensing agreements.
- Represents a nationwide manufacturer and seller of drinkware products regarding intellectual property matters (transactional and litigation).
- Represents a large regional real estate brokerage company regarding intellectual property and technology matters.
- Represents an e-commerce provider of medical products regarding intellectual property and technology matters.
Rate : $$$