Douglas H. Cunningham joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 and is a member of the firm’s hedge funds group. He focuses on formation, transactional and regulatory matters for a variety of open- and closed-end funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, credit funds and other alternative investment funds.
Doug advises investment advisers and fund sponsors in connection with CFTC and SEC-related compliance matters and ongoing operational matters. He also has experience drafting and negotiating contractual arrangements central to investment advisers’ businesses, such as side letters, administration agreements and investment advisory agreements.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2014; executive editor, Yale Journal of Law and Technology
- BA (Political Science and Sociology), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010
- Illinois, 2014
- Michigan, 2018
- Advising private fund managers regarding periodic regulatory filings with the CFTC and SEC, including Disclosure Documents, Form ADV and Form PF.
- Advising investment advisers on day-to-day compliance matters, including drafting compliance policies and procedures and navigating marketing and advertising rules.
- Representing a global asset manager with its launch of a timberland-focused fund.
- Advising an alternative investment manager in connection with the sale of its credit-focused advisory business.
- Representing a healthcare and life sciences focused manager with its launch of an insurance-dedicated product.
Rate : $$$