Douglas A. Doetsch serves as head of the firm’s Latin America/Caribbean practice and is a member of the firm’s Banking & Finance practice. He advises clients on infrastructure financings in the port, airport and road sectors, acquisition and other leveraged lending transactions, and structured credit transactions. He is also a leader in cross-border securitization transactions, especially future cash flow securitizations.
In his cross-border work, Doug also regularly advises on emerging market debt restructuring and debt exchange offers. In addition, his transactional work involves asset and stock acquisitions, real estate investments, and cross-border joint ventures.
Doug has earned wide recognition for his work in emerging markets since joining the firm in 1988. Chambers Global 2015 notes that Doug is recognized by market sources as “a fine commercial lawyer who is good at getting deals done.” According to Chambers USA 2012, “clients assert that he ‘adds a lot of value to transactions.’” According to Chambers Latin America 2009, he has an “unparalleled ability to quickly close complex transactions and make it seem like a walk in the park.” Chambers USA 2007 calls him “‘a simply great attorney’ who wins praise for his emerging markets expertise. There can be few lawyers who have the depth of experience that he can boast in South and Central America.”
- Columbia Law School, JD, Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- Université de Dakar, Dakar, Senegal, Rotary Graduate Fellowship
- Kalamazoo College, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Member, Midwest Council, National Resources Defense Council
- Director, Columbia Transnational Law Association
- Director, Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Trustee, National Museum of Mexican Art
Rate : $$$$