Douglas (Doug) Sanders leads Baker & McKenzie’s US Environmental Litigation practice. He represents a broad range of domestic and non-US corporations before federal, state and administrative courts in environmental, class action, mass tort and product liability litigation, government enforcement, permitting and criminal proceedings.
Mr. Sanders focuses primarily on litigation and compliance counseling with respect to CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, TSCA, OSHA and state environmental and product regulations. He advises clients on environmental, health and safety requirements and legal risks with respect to selling and marketing products in the United States.
He also advises clients on environmental, health & safety risks and liabilities in transactions, in particular oil and gas and infrastructure transactions.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1998)
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service (B.S.F.S.) (1994)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2000)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1998)
Mr. Sanders is Chair of the Chicago Office’s Pro Bono and Community Service Committee and actively represents pro bono clients on a range of environmental, criminal and civil matters. He is a board member of LAF Chicago, the primary provider of legal services to the poor in the Chicago area.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Apparel and Footwear Association (Environmental Committee)
Rate : $$$