Douglas L. Dua is a member of the firm’s energy and infrastructure team and represents sellers, purchasers and other parties in mergers and acquisitions transactions, primarily within the power generation sector of the energy industry.
Doug has represented parties to domestic and international transactions of varying structures and complexities, including greenfield power project finance and transfers of assets at middle- and late-stage lifecycles.
Doug has also helped clients purchase and dispose of distressed assets, obtain and administer credit facilities, form joint ventures, and negotiate agreements with service providers and other vendors.
Doug helps clients structure and close deals involving traditional and renewable power generation, benefiting clients with his understanding of the ownership and operation of these assets, as well as trends affecting the energy industry more broadly.
Active in the firm’s pro bono practice, Doug has represented community not-for-profit organizations, a small business owner, and an individual claimant before a New York administrative law judge.
Doug is a native of the New York area and enjoys cooking, traveling and the outdoors in his spare time.
- Represented an investor in connection with its acquisition of an interest in a 645 MW merchant natural gas-fired combined cycle generating facility in New York.
- Represented investors in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of wind farms throughout the United States.
- Represented a sponsor and project company in its sale of a utility-scale coal-fired generating facility in the southeastern United States.
- Represented a financial institution as lessor in connection with the acquisition by a sponsor of a portfolio of solar projects subject to a sale-leaseback facility.
- Represented a sponsor, a project company and an investor in matters involving a large-scale solar photovoltaic project in California, including the sale of an interest and resolving operating concerns with contractual counterparties.
- Represented investors in evaluating and negotiating numerous proposed energy industry transactions, including the drafting of bid documents and conducting complex legal due diligence.
- Represented the lenders in the senior secured bank financing of the US $899 million Carroll County Energy Project, a 700 MW natural gas-fired generation project in Ohio.
- Represented the senior lenders to several wind farms, each approximately 50 MW in size, under development in Sindh Province, Pakistan.
- Acted as counsel to underwriters and issuers in numerous debt offerings by electrical utilities.
- Acted as company counsel to Farm Credit financial institution in an offering of perpetual preferred stock.
- Represented a sponsor in connection with the concession to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the I-69 Section 5 Project in Indiana and related private activity bond financing.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, 2013
- BA, Colby College, 2005
- New York
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$$