Douglas J. Feichtner has more than a decade of litigation experience in multiple states, enabling him to counsel business clients on a variety of issues. He has experience litigating in state and federal courts in Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania on a range of issues, including product liability, workplace exposures, personal injury claims, manufacturing and distribution issues connected with the Lanham Act, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and unfair competition.
He is co-chair of the firm’s Toxic Torts group, and his practice focuses on the mining, flavoring, chemical, automotive, power distribution, transportation, residential construction, and fencing industries.
Companies with different objectives that present unique legal issues rely on his specific knowledge, and his clients have included coal mining operations, flavoring and food manufacturers, office furniture distributors, and chemical industries.
Doug’s trial experience includes claims of chemical exposures in the workplace, insufficient Materials Safety Data Sheets and warning labels, poor industrial hygiene, and non-compliance with OSHA regulations.
He has represented a large coal mining operation in a multi-million dollar property-rights case adverse to a gas pipeline operation, and he has pursued breach of contract claims on behalf of a European seasoning producer, which involved the examination of witnesses from Denmark and Germany.
Doug has also argued before the West Virginia Supreme Court, which ultimately overturned the decision of a lower court that had been adverse to his client’s interests.
He is actively involved with the Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor and coordinates the firm’s staffing of a broad spectrum of pro bono cases – divorce, custody, eviction, contract, and expungements.
He is a former chair of the Blue Ash YMCA Branch Board, member and volunteer for the YMCA Board of Directors, and coached the boys’ and girls’ swim team at Madeira High School for almost 10 years with his wife Megan.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 1999)
Bar Admissions : Ohio, Kentucky
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Blue Ash YMCA Board, chairman
- Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Steering Committee
- Evans Scholars Alumnus, Birdie Club
- Cincinnati Bar Association, YLS Run for Kids Planning Committee
- United Way, Emerging Leaders Society
- Madeira High School, varsity swim coach
Rate : $$$