For more than three decades, Douglas Glass has represented public and private energy companies worldwide in all phases of their domestic and international business activities. He has worked on transactions including joint ventures, infrastructure projects, financings, and acquisitions and dispositions around the globe.
For almost 20 years, Doug was based in London and Moscow. Clients value Doug’s vast, hands-on experience in the sector, as well as his sensitivity and understanding of the cultural, economic and geopolitical complexities in the places that they do business. They also appreciate the ease with which he works with other offices within the firm, as well as with the firm’s relationships with local counsel, to quickly and efficiently facilitate successful transactions.
- Has advised on transactions in more than 40 countries.
- Handles domestic and cross-border transactions, primarily in the energy sector.
- Served as legal counsel to PJSC Lukoil Oil Company in acquiring stranded assets from Chevron Corporation, successfully increasing the client’s assets outside of Russia, which was a strategic goal for the company. The deal was a joint effort of the firm’s Houston and London offices, as well as local counsel in Nigeria with whom the firm has a long-standing relationship.
- Advised a multinational upstream oil and gas company in its acquisition of assets in offshore Germany, Denmark and Holland. Drew upon deep experience in the sector and transaction type—as well as legal acumen in the firm’s German and U.K. offices—to assist with a transformative acquisition. The deal gave the client a European platform in addition to its African and New Zealand holdings, expanding it to a scale at which it could consider a public offering.
- Leveraged an existing asset—upon which the firm has advised for more than a decade—to acquire an additional interest at large discount to value. The client, a relatively small player, now has a market-leading position in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- Counseled a global private equity firm in the acquisition of, and related shareholder financing agreements for, oil and gas assets in Colombia. The transaction allowed the client to gain a foothold in a strategic oil and gas province by year-end 2017. This timing was critical to the client’s business goals.
- Assisted an oil and gas company in connection with its development contract for a world-class oilfield in Southern Iraq and in its joint venture with a leading European energy company.
- Board of Visitors, MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Expert Guide’s Best of the Best USA, Top 30 Lawyer in the USA, 2016.
- Expert Guides, World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers, 2016.
- Who’s Who Legal, Energy, 2014 and 2016-2018.
- The Legal 500 US, Oil and Gas, 2016 and 2017.
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Projects and energy, 2017 and 2018.
- Chambers USA, Renewables and Alternative Energy, 2018.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1974
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1971
Rate : $$$$