Douglas Hauer is a noted authority on the EB-5 investor visa program, which gives developers a path for securing capital for real estate, hospitality, and infrastructure projects. His fluency with the program makes Doug an essential resource for companies looking for financing from offshore sources.
International entrepreneurs and companies also rely on him when launching a business within the borders of the US. He is ideally positioned to advise clients on immigration and corporate law issues that arise in doing business in the US.
Doug is a Member in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice and Immigration Practice. On the corporate side, he focuses on private offerings and related securities work. Doug serves as counsel to developers and businesses seeking capital from offshore sources including through the EB-5 investor visa program.
He also works with entrepreneurs, new ventures and established businesses on setting up operations in the US, providing advice on entity formation and on the legal risks of expanding into the US. In the immigration law space, Doug represents corporate, institutional, and individual clients in routine and complex immigration matters.
He has in-depth experience advising companies on the immigration consequences of corporate restructuring, as well as representing clients in immigration-related investigations involving the US DOL, USCIS and FBI. Doug frequently speaks, writes and is often quoted in the press about immigration, corporate and securities law, and foreign investment.
- Served as lead counsel for prominent resort developer in structuring $55 million preferred equity private placement
- Partnered with general counsel of publicly traded company to manage global immigration law risks and mobility issues associated with a large-scale acquisition in China, Singapore and India
- Served as lead deal counsel for a publicly-traded resort company in a $52 million private placement through the EB-5 Program
- Advised major equity investors on the risks involved in participating in an EB-5 private placement seeking to raise more than $100 million
- Member, International Bar Association (2013 – present)
- Member, National Association of Corporate Directors (2013– 2016)
- Board member, German American Business Council of Boston (2011 – 2017)
- Member, Board of Trustees, American Immigration Council (2009 – 2014)
- Boston University School of Law (LLM, Tax)
- Boston University School of Law (JD)
- Harvard University (MA)
- Ohio State University (BA)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$