Douglas C. Heuvel joined the firm in 2014. Mr. Heuvel’s practice focuses on property loss subrogation matters. He has extensive experience in products liability and commercial litigation, and practices in both state and federal courts. His legal expertise also includes representing businesses in complex litigation matters including breach of contract and business tort cases.
Mr. Heuvel began his legal career in 2002 at the international law firm of Thompson & Knight, LLP in Dallas, Texas. Before joining Thompson & Knight Mr. Heuvel was a member of the SMU Law Review and a member of Order of the Coif, an honor society for law school graduates.
Mr. Heuvel is an active member of his community and served as President of the Board of Directors of Mental Health America of Greater Dallas. In addition, Mr. Heuvel volunteers his time as a coach for youth soccer in McKinney, Texas. Mr. Heuvel and his wife, Staci, live in McKinney, Texas and keep busy with their four children.
- Texas, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, J.D.- May, 2002
- University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington, B.A. – 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Former Member
Rate : $$$$