Douglas Chumbley is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice on products liability, toxic tort, and complex commercial litigation. A significant portion of his practice has been defending class actions against manufacturers, suppliers and sellers.
Doug tries cases in state and federal courts. He has extensive experience in tobacco litigation in addition to automotive litigation where he has handled numerous crashworthiness claims involving seat belt systems, air bag systems, and rollovers.
In addition to automotive claims, Doug defends products liability claims involving such products as tires, commercial aircraft, scissors lifts, articulated boom lifts, scaffolding, diesel engines, industrial equipment, and all terrain vehicles.
He also handles products liability matters involving consumer products such as perfumes and fragrances, photographic paper, latex gloves, pharmaceuticals, and playground equipment.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
- Williams College (B.A., cum laude, 1978)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Board of Editors of the Defense Counsel Journal
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Associate Member,The Craft Beverage Lawyers Guild
Rate : $$$