Douglas M. Chapman is a litigator specializing in commercial disputes, including design professional defense, shareholder/partnership litigation, and insurance coverage. In his insurance coverage practice, Doug represents insurance carrier clients in disputes against policyholders regarding the scope of insurance policy coverage.
Doug also represents insurance carrier clients against other insurance carriers in litigation pertaining to priority of coverage, contribution, indemnification, and reimbursement.
Doug’s areas of concentration include insurance coverage analysis and coverage litigation relating to Michigan no-fault benefits, construction defects, environmental contamination, automotive negligence, and trucker’s negligence.
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, 1994
- B.S., University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, California, 1990
- U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Michigan
- U.S. District Ct., W.D. of Michigan
- U.S. District Ct., C.D. of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Rate : $$$$