Douglas M. Mancino is a partner in the Corporate Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. For more than 40 years he has represented all types of health care and nonprofit organizations on tax, business, and financial matters. He has extensive experience in audits, appeals and other tax controversies, including tax litigation.
He has served as counsel to health care clients in a case that defined the limits of tax-exempt organizations participating in health care joint ventures and represents tax-exempt health plans throughout the United States.
Mr. Mancino has authored or co-authored five books and treatises and more than 90 articles concerning tax-exempt organizations and health care issues. He is a former president of the American Health Lawyers Association and served for three years as vice chair publications of the ABA’s Tax Section.
Mr. Mancino is a frequent lecturer/speaker on many legal, tax and health care subjects. He enjoys a national reputation as one of the country’s top health care and tax-exempt organization lawyers.
Mr. Mancino is active in many civic and charitable activities. He is currently Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Children’s Burn Foundation, and a member of the Boards of Directors of the Irvine Health Foundation, The Center on Philanthropy & Public Policy and Health Net, Inc. (NYSE).
He is also a member of the Executive Board and an executive vice president of the Music Center Leadership Council. He has previously served on the boards of several other nonprofit organizations, including the Kent State University Foundation, and the National Center on Philanthropy and the Law.
- J.D., The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, summa cum laude (1974)
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- B.A., Kent State University, cum laude (1971)
- American Bar Association (Tax Section: Past Chair, Exempt Organization Committee; Past Council Director; Past Vice Chair-publications and Editor-in-Chief of The Tax Lawyer)
- Founding Co-Chair, Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Member, Advisory Board of the National Center on Philanthropy and the Law, 1998-2000, and 2007-2010; Chair, 2009-2011
- Chair, Tax and Accounting Interest Group of the ABA’s Health Law Section, 1998-2001
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association, 1980-2001
Rate : $$$$