Douglas L. Prochnow is a trial lawyer who defends and prosecutes commercial and health care-related claims, financial disputes, indemnity actions, insurance and reinsurance disputes, professional negligence matters, toxic torts and product liability suits.
He has tried 30 cases to jury verdict, argued more than 40 appeals nationally, and saved or recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients through discovery management and successful pretrial negotiations.
Doug is experienced in arbitration and has tried commercial matters under the American Arbitration Association or other industry-developed procedures. Doug also is skilled in the appeal process and has successfully reduced jury verdicts after joining a defense team following an adverse judgment.
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association — Litigation Section; Health Law Section
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Association for Justice
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology (editorial board)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A. with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$