Douglas Spear is the leader of the Firm’s Emerging Growth and Venture Capital practice. In this capacity, he works with a team of lawyers to advise emerging and growth stage technology and life science companies, as well as venture capital firms and angel investors.
Doug is extremely active in startup communities in the Southeast and beyond, working closely with founders, investors, and other advisors to help to build growing companies in various industries. Doug is also an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law, where he teaches the Venture Capital Law course.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD (1998)
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, with honors (1995)
- Represents clients in numerous types of equity and debt financings as well as M&A transactions
- Advises clients on entity formation, capitalization issues, equity compensation strategies, employment matters, capital-raising considerations, customer contracts, securities law compliance, and exit planning
- Counsels boards of directors regarding corporate governance issues
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Jewish Family and Career Services
- Involved in numerous charitable and civic organizations in Atlanta
Rate : $$$$