Douglas L. Ropel advises and represents employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters arising under both state and federal laws, concentrating his practice in the areas of :
- Discrimination and harassment
- Litigation and trials
- Whistleblowing and retaliation
Before joining Littler, Douglas worked at a Sacramento regional litigation firm on its employment litigation team. He was involved in full-spectrum litigation services, including representing employers in pre-litigation administrative investigations, arbitrations, and civil lawsuits.
During law school, he externed for the Hon. Consuelo M. Callahan in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as in the Criminal Division of the High Court in Uganda, Africa. Douglas served in the U.S. Air Force as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician for the last 16 years, both in active duty and now as a reservist.
- J.D., University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 2014
- B.A., Chapman University, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Lifetime Member, Military Officers Association of America
- Member, Sacramento Bar Association
Rate : $$$