Douglas B. Szabo is an associate in Venable’s Washington, DC office and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group. His practice encompasses a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including the leasing, purchase, and sale of commercial properties, as well as the purchase and sale of commercial loans.
Doug works with a broad range of clients, including real estate developers, lenders, investors, and special servicers. Doug graduated with high honors from The George Washington University Law School, where he was an associate on The George Washington Law Review and a Dean’s Fellow for the Legal Research and Writing Program. During law school, he clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, where he focused on commercial litigation matters.
- Represented investment management firms in the disposition of industrial, retail, and office projects, including the sale of a $139,000,000 office tower
- Represented investment management firms in numerous leasing matters, both for office and retail space, including the negotiation of a lease for space in downtown Washington, DC to a tenant in the co-working industry
- Counseled multiple clients in connection with tenant leases, including the lease of space for a federal credit union retail branch location
- Assisted a government-sponsored entity in connection with the securitization of numerous multi-family loans for properties located throughout the U.S.
- Represented a CMBS special servicer in the disposition of numerous non-performing/defaulted commercial loans and REO properties throughout the U.S.
- J.D. with high honors The George Washington University Law School 2016
- B.A. Washington and Lee University 2012
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$