Drew Salaman, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, is a founding member of Salaman / Henry. Drew is one of the preeminent attorneys in the area of enforcement of judgments and he literally “wrote the book” in this area.
He has over 35 years experience and for the past 30 years has been a speaker and course planner for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute for the enforcement and collection of judgments. With his extensive experience and background he has seen and handled a wide-range of situations dealing with the enforcement of judgments.
Drew authored “Execution Practice: Enforcement of Money Judgments from Law Books to Street Justice”, and “A Summary of Exemptions from Execution”, both published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and has been a Lecturer at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Philadelphia Bar Association, Temple University School of Law, the Pennsylvania Credit Union League, the National Association of Credit Management-Credit Congress, the Lumberman’s Exchange, the National Business Institute, Lorman Education Centers, the National Business Institute and before the Board of Judges of the Philadelphia Municipal Court.
To date, Drew has enforced in excess of $100 million in judgments. Amongst the many assets and entities which Drew has garnished or executed upon are taxicab medallions, health insurance carrier billings, common stock, liquor licenses, the Federal Reserve Bank, unions, gasoline reserves, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, the Philadelphia Housing Authority, Fortune 500 companies, American Express, interests due from trusts and decedents’ estates, millions of dollars of real estate of lawyers and law firms, insurance companies, heavy construction equipment, and every conceivable type of retail inventory. He has executed upon funeral homes, houses of worship and charter schools.
Drew is an aggressive litigator. He has successfully filed hundreds of Motions to Compel, Motions for Sanctions, Motions for Supplementary Relief in Aid of Execution and has undone many fraudulent conveyances.
In addition to trying thousands of matters to verdict, Drew has repeatedly successfully opposed Bankruptcy filings resulting in determinations of Nondischargeability, dismissal or obtaining relief from Bankruptcy stays.
Drew has extensive administrative law experience having practiced before the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, the Philadelphia Human Relations Commission, the Philadelphia Board of Zoning Adjustment, the Philadelphia Tax Review Board, the Philadelphia Office of Property Assessment, the Philadelphia Parking Authority and the Civil Service Commission.
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1977
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, J.D. – 1971
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, B.A. – 1968
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- The Louis D. Brandeis Law Society, Member
- Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia, Member
- Pennsylvania Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, Former Director
- Rossini Savings Association , Former Director and Managing Officer
- Cornerstone Savings Association, Former Director
Rate : $$$$