Duane McLaughlin is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Duane McLaughlin’s practice focuses on financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions. Duane joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2007.
He regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, and NYSE and NASDAQ-listed U.S. and non-U.S. companies, focusing on bank financings and capital markets debt issuances. Duane has extensive experience in acquisition financing transactions in both the high-grade and leveraged markets, and he has been involved in a number of transactions in Latin America.
- The arrangers in the financing for Brookfield Asset Management’s $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust.
- Cohu in the financing of its $796 million acquisition of Xcerra Corp.
- Western Digital in the $18.1 billion financing of its acquisition of SanDisk and in the subsequent $7.25 billion refinancing of its credit facilities.
- A consortium led by TPG Capital, PAG Asia Capital, and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in:
- the $830 million debt financing for the acquisition of DTZ Inc.,
- the $330 million debt financing for DTZ’s acquisition of Cassidy Turley,
- TPG Capital, and its portfolio companies, in numerous financing transactions, including:
- the debt financing for its $2.25 billion acquisitions of RCN Telecom Services and Grande Communications, and RCN in the financing of its $2.36 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband; and
- Kraton Performance Polymers in the $440 million financing of its acquisition of Arizona Chemical.
- Honorable Denise L Cote, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1998-1999)
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1998
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1993
- New York
Rate : $$$