Dudley W. Murrey practices in numerous areas of corporate finance, securities and corporate law. He represents multinational companies and others in domestic, cross-border and international corporate finance transactions, including public and private securities offerings, structured finance transactions, and commercial lending arrangements.
Dudley regularly advises clients on securities law compliance, corporate governance matters, compliance with the New York Stock Exchange, the NASDAQ Stock Market and other exchange rules, and compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, including the swap regulations adopted under the Dodd-Frank Act.
In addition, he has represented clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, facility and equipment financings, the acquisition and financing of commercial and corporate aircraft, and internal and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
In his more than four decades of practice, Dudley has represented a wide range of companies, from Fortune 150 companies to small, privately-held companies.
His work for those clients has included representing them in some of their most important financings and transactions, ranging from international financings and acquisitions to the sale of the family business, as well as counseling them regarding matters affecting their daily operations and regulatory compliance.
Since early 1998, Dudley has represented a Dow 30 company in numerous public offerings of more than a total of $100 billion of debt securities, including acting as the client’s U.S. counsel with respect to public offerings in Japan.
Financings and transactions representative of Dudley’s experience are:
- Representation of a Dow 30 company in its offering of $16 billion aggregate principal amount of its notes
- Representation of a leading, world-wide retailer in connection with its public offering of $16 billion of its senior unsecured notes of nine different series, a portion of the net proceeds of which would be used to finance a planned acquisition by the issuer
- Representation of NASDAQ-listed bank holding company in its initial public offering, in a follow-on equity offering and in subordinated debt offerings
- Representation of a Dow 30 company in the amendment and extension of a $7.5 billion 364-day credit facility, a $5.0 billion five-year credit facility and a $1.75 billion letter of credit facility
- Representation of a leading, worldwide retailer in connection with debt tender offers with an aggregate maximum consideration of over $16 billion
- Representation of the issuer in a Rule 144A placement of $500 million of put reset notes
- Representation of a Fortune 150 company in its $245 million synthetic lease financing of a major data processing facility
- Representation of a Fortune 150 company in its sale of $150 million of receivables
- Representation of borrowers in the negotiation and documentation of in excess of $100 billion of credit facilities, including a number of multi-currency credit facilities
- Representation of an aircraft finance company in the purchase, financing, lease and disposition of nine Airbus A319 aircrafts
- Representation of an international finance company in the $750 million restructuring of an international broadband communications provider
- Representation of originator in connection with securitization of $4 billion of government receivables
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, Assistant Editor-in-Chief, Southwestern Law Journal, 1974
- BA, Southern Methodist University, with high honors, 1971
Rate : $$$