Dwight Yoo’s practice focuses on capital markets and other corporate transactions, with a particular focus on the insurance and banking sectors. Mr. Yoo represents issuers, investment banks and private equity firms in public offerings and private placements of equity, debt and hybrid securities, exchange offers and consent solicitations, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and insurance risk-linked transactions.
Mr. Yoo also counsels clients on corporate governance and securities laws matters. Selected representations in the insurance industry include:
- Kinsale Capital Group, Inc., a specialty insurance group specializing in excess and surplus lines, in its $121 million IPO;
- State Farm in the $450 million investment in preferred shares of Desjardins Group’s post-closing property and casualty business in connection with the $1.5 billion sale of its Canadian operations to Desjardins Group;
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. in its $230 million offering of depositary shares representing fractional interests in preferred shares and related redemption of Series A preferred shares;
- Validus Holdings, Ltd. in the $150 million offering of depositary shares representing fractional interests in preferred shares;
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its formation and capital raise in connection with its acquisition of S.A.C. Re, Ltd. (renamed Hamilton Re, Ltd.);
- the private equity founding investors in the formation and $1.5 billion initial capital raise of Bermuda insurer Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited, one of the largest industry initial capital raises;
- a leading financial institution in the formation and capital raise of a reinsurance joint venture with a Middle East sovereign wealth fund, which contemplates both a Bermuda reinsurer and a Lloyd’s operation;
- The Coca-Cola Company in its €9 billion notes issuances (including a multi-tranche issuance reported as the largest ever in euros by a U.S. issuer), over US$7.5 billion notes issuances, CHF1.325 billion Swiss franc-denominated bond issuance and AUD 1 billion notes issuance;
- Tumi Holdings, Inc. in its sponsor-backed IPO, three follow-on common stock offerings with over $1 billion in gross proceeds; and
Mr. Yoo also is committed to pro bono service and twice received the Legal Aid Society Pro Bono Award for Outstanding Service for his representation of low-income tenants in New York City Housing Authority matters.
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2000
- B.A., Yale University, 1995
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$