An experienced litigator with a strong understanding of how to successfully navigate pre-trial practice to position a case for favorable resolution, Dylan Alper has a keen awareness of the business implications surrounding litigation and constantly seeks to balance aggressive advocacy with cost-effective counseling for his clients.
He concentrates his practice in matters involving commercial and residential construction and property disputes, catastrophic casualty claims, products liability, premises liability, transportation & logistics, insurance, and other complex torts and business disputes.
He has secured numerous dismissals and favorable settlements for individual, insurance, and corporate clients. Dylan has also successfully handled a number of mediations and arbitrations.
Dylan previously served as co-chair of the firm’s Associates Committee and chair of the Associates Social Committee and has served for a number of years as captain of the firm basketball team in the Philadelphia Lawyers League. He is also actively involved in summer associate and lateral recruiting, and the mentoring of younger associates.
Dylan is a founding member of Cozen O’Connor Champions, a firm committee that combines running and fitness with business development activities. Prior to joining the firm, Dylan participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program.
Active in pro bono and community work, Dylan currently serves on the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Attorney Panel for Pro Se Prisoner Civil Rights Cases, does charitable work to benefit Philabundance and the Philadelphia Education Fund, and has recently gotten involved in the Pennsylvania Innocence Project.
Dylan received his bachelor’s degree in political science from Washington University in St. Louis, graduating with college honors. He earned his law degree, cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law. While at Villanova, he was a staff writer and managing editor of the Villanova Law Review and participated in the Civil Justice Clinic.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of contract claims on behalf of a court reporting company in a Philadelphia County Case.
- Secured several full releases of claims without payment on behalf of a large transportation and logistics company in freight damage disputes venued throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Obtained summary judgment for a large producer of industrial refractory products in a high exposure catastrophic injury case in Philadelphia County.
- Secured involuntary dismissal with prejudice of a fire safety company in a large-scale residential condominium property damage case following a successful motion for judgement on the pleadings.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of Dram Shop claims in a high damages case in Philadelphia County on behalf of one of the country’s largest food and beverage concessionaires.
- Obtained summary judgment for a large construction manager in a high exposure Philadelphia County catastrophic injury case, facing a multimillion dollar, pretrial demand where the client was one of the primary targets.
- Secured full defense award in a products liability arbitration in Philadelphia County on behalf of a large international kitchenware manufacturer.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.S., 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Rate : $$$$