Dylan I. Ballard is a partner in the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Ballard specializes in complex business litigation and white collar criminal matters, with an emphasis on antitrust and unfair competition issues.
He has significant experience defending U.S. and multinational businesses in all phases of class action litigation, as well as in civil and criminal proceedings involving federal, state, and foreign enforcement agencies.
- National counsel defending industry-leading multinational electronics companies in criminal and civil price-fixing actions regarding cathode ray tube products; In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 1917 (2007-present).
- Representing international electronics companies in criminal and civil price-fixing actions concerning thin film transistor liquid crystal display products; In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 1827 (2007-present).
- Defending international electronics company against group boycott and monopsonization claims relating to smartphone patent licensing; Cascades v. RPX Corp., N.D. Cal. 4:12-v-1143 YGR (2012-present).
- Representing leading manufacturer in price-fixing actions concerning lithium ion rechargeable batteries; In re Lithium ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2420 (2012-present).
- Defended Samsung Electronics companies in civil price-fixing class actions and related U.S. DOJ and foreign enforcement agency proceedings regarding static random access memory chip products; In re SRAM Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 1819 (2007-2011).
- Antitrust counsel for Samsung Electronics defending IP-related antitrust claims in multi-billion dollar litigation with Rambus, coordinating with patent counsel in worldwide related proceedings; Rambus Inc. v. Micron Technology, Inc., et al. (2007-2010).
- National counsel defending civil price-fixing and government enforcement actions regarding dynamic random access memory chip products; In re DRAM Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 1486 (2007-present).
- Defending senior executives in DOJ antitrust grand jury investigations of auto parts industry and real estate foreclosure auctions (2011-present).
- Represented Taiwanese business owner before China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) in series of disputes arising out of sale of textile-related businesses (2009-2010).
- Participated in a highly publicized internal investigation of a 20+ billion dollar insurance provider (2008-2009).
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2007, Hastings Law Journal
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2003, with highest honors
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust
- State Bar of California, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Antitrust Section
Rate : $$$