An experienced trial lawyer in the Firm’s Atlanta office, Dylan Howard has more than 13 years of experience defending banks, mortgage lenders, mortgage servicers and other financial institutions in trial and appellate cases in Georgia state and federal courts.
Mr. Howard is a business and real estate litigator with extensive experience defending mortgage lenders, servicers and other financial institutions in lawsuits involving, inter alia, wrongful foreclosure, escrow violations, servicing errors, breach of contract, title clearance, and violations of federal statutes including the TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA, TILA, RESPA and the SCRA.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Yale University, B.A., 1999
- Georgia, 2002
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Following oral argument to the Georgia Supreme Court, obtained a published decision affirming a trial court’s final judgment cancelling an arguably superior interest in real property held by a competing lender.
- Led both the trial and appellate teams on a matter involving wrongful foreclosure and FDCPA claims based on actual errors in the legal description of the property. Obtained an Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals order affirming the trial court’s dismissal of all claims.
- Obtained an extremely favorable settlement on the eve of trial in a TCPA/FDCPA matter involving more than 2,000 arguably unauthorized calls.
- Successfully defended a mortgage law in a dispute with the purchaser of REO property involving an unpermitted landfill and other extensive environmental issues.
- Represented various mortgage lenders in a portfolio of lawsuits brought by a single plaintiff’s counsel alleging credit reporting violations following bankruptcy. Resolved several matters without payment, resolved many others efficiently, and worked with the client to correct the underlying reporting issues.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Chair – American Legal & Financial Network Complex Litigation Practice Group (2015 – 2017)
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Georgia Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Member – Georgia Association of Real Estate Investors
Rate : $$$